63 Claragh Road
, BT31 9NU
||63 Claragh Road, Clough, Downpatrick
- Extended country cottage designed around central courtyard
- Rural views toward Mourne Mountains in the foreground and Slieve Croob and the Dromara Hills to the rear
- Close to both Clough and Seaforde villages, 9 miles from Downpatrick and 8 miles from Newcastle
- Indoor exercise swimming pool with hydraulic current
- Detached home office or studio
- Living room and sitting room
- Modern kitchen with walk in pantry and adjacent dining room
- Master bedroom with en suite, dressing room and balcony with views of Mournes
- Three further bedrooms, one with en suite
- Site extending to over half an acre with ample parking and landscaped gardens in lawn, orchard, flower and vegetable beds
- Double glazing
- Oil fired central heating with underfloor heating on both floors
- Bangor Blue slate roof
This delightful family home, originally a country cottage was renovated and extended back in 2005 to create this fabulous modern property with its central courtyard. It is located close to both Clough and Seaforde villages about 9 miles from Downpatrick and 8 miles from Newcastle and has country views towards the Mournes Mountains which are spectacular on a clear day.
The accommodation is designed in a U shape around the central courtyard with living room, sitting room, kitchen with adjacent dining room, 2 ground floor bedrooms, en suite and family bathroom and the pool room incorporating heated exercise pool with hydraulic current and adjacent changing/laundry room. There is a master bedroom suite upstairs with en suite and walk in wardrobe with balcony looking towards the Mournes and a fourth bedroom.
The site extends to over half an acre and offers ample car parking, the sheltered paved courtyard, separate home office, and landscaped gardens including a walking path around the perimeter of the orchard.
- Entrance porch
- 1.85m x 1.83m (6' 1" x 6')
- Living room
- 3.99m x 3.99m (13' 1" x 13' 1")
Cast iron wood burning stove with matching surround and hearth. Picture hanging rails
- Sitting room
- 2.79m x 5.92m (9' 2" x 19' 5")
With picture hanging rails
- 3.78m x 6.32m (12' 5" x 20' 9")
Striking modern kitchen with range of high and low level units with integrated appliances including dishwasher, 5 ring gas hob, electric oven, with stainless steel splash back and extractor unit. Twin bowl sink unit and engineered quartz worktops. Glazed double doors to courtyard. Open to dining area.
- Walk in pantry
- 2.13m x 2.29m (7' 0" x 7' 6")
- Dining room
- 3.25m x 3.66m (10' 8" x 12')
The dining room is open to the kitchen and is very much part of this space
- Rear hall
- With glazed double doors to courtyard and picture hanging rails
- Family bathroom
- 2.24m x 3.05m (7' 4" x 10' 0")
White suite comprising wall mounted mixer taps and shower attachment, wash hand basin, WC and bidet, part tiled walls and tiled floor. Bathroom cabinet.
- Bedroom 4
- 2.24m x 3.05m (7' 4" x 10')
- Walk in hotpress
- 1.47m x 3.05m (4' 10" x 10')
Megaflow pressurised hot water cylinder, fitted shelving
- Bedroom 3
- 3.05m x 4.09m (10' x 13' 5")
Dual aspect windows, picture hanging rails and en suite shower room
- En suite shower room
- 1.22m x 3.05m (4' x 10')
White suite comprising large shower with thermostatic shower, wash hand basin, WC, part tiled walls and tiled floor.
- Pool Room
- 5.41m x 5.59m (17' 9" x 18' 4")
Exercise pool with hydraulic current, heating and filtration system. Tiled walls and tiled floor, glazed double doors to courtyard.
- Laundry/Shower room
- 1.75m x 3.12m (5' 9" x 10' 3")
Sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, wash hand basin, WC, tiled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower.
- Master bedroom
- 3.81m x 5.44m (12' 6" x 17' 10")
Two ceiling windows and glazed double doors to steel railed balcony
- Dressing room
- 1.83m x 4.32m (6' x 14' 2")
Range of full and half length wardrobes, drawers and ceiling window
- En suite shower room
- 1.83m x 2.44m (6' x 8')
White suite comprising shower cubicle with thermostatic shower, wash hand basin, WC, bidet, tiled walls and tiled floor. Ceiling window.
- Bedroom 2
- 3.05m x 5.18m (10' x 17')
Currently used as a study. 2 ceiling windows
- Gravel drive to ample parking
- Studio/Home office
- 3.4m x 7.01m (11' 2" x 23')
With vaulted ceiling and spotlights
- Landscaped gardens to their front side and rear in lawns, fruit trees, native trees, wood bark and gravel beds and vegetables beds. There is a stone path that leads around the orchard at the rear.
- The house has been designed around the central courtyard which is mostly paved. Double doors opening from Kitchen, rear hall and pool room.
- Wooden garden shed with water and electric supplies, boiler house with Warmflow oil boiler and outside utility area with Belfast sinks
Need some more information?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.