Ashgrove, 12 Drumawhey Road
, BT23 8RS
||Ashgrove, 12 Drumawhey Road, Newtownards
- A delightful extended 18th century stone cottage with beautiful garden, stable yard and a five acre (approx) paddock
- Quiet location at the top end of the Ards Peninsula, just 5 miles from Newtownards and close to Strangford Lough on one side and the beaches of the Irish sea on the other
- Beautifully restored and extended cottage in immaculate condition with family sized accommodation
- Fabulous gardens
- Yard directly across the county road with five stables, workshop, garage and studio
- Five acres of land in pasture directly accessed from yard
- Living room with wooden beam and mantle over Inglenook brick fireplace with gothic arches
- Principal reception rooms with cast iron stoves
- Deep reveal windows
- Sitting room and office off hall
- Hand painted country style kitchen with island unit, open to sun room
- Utility room
- Master bedroom with dressing room and en suite
- Three further bedrooms on the first floor, one with en suite
- Family bathroom
- Oil fired central heating and UPVC framed double glazing
- Enclosed front garden in lawn with feature 'weeping ash' tree at gate
- Extensive rear garden in lawn and native trees, decked area with access from sun room, patio and herb garden with plastic tunnel
- Ample parking area
- Yard with five stables, workshop, garage and separate studio
- Direct access to five acre (approx) paddock
This is a beautifully restored and extended stone cottage dating back to the 18th century, in very peaceful countryside with the benefit of a stable yard and around five acres of land. Although we describe it as a cottage, it has been extended into a family home yet retaining the feel of a cottage with many original featues remaining intact. The accommodation is extensive with good sized rooms including beautiful living room with Inglenook fireplace and timber beams, sitting room and wonderful bright country kitchen with sun room adjacent with sliding doors to decking. The master bedroom suite is on the ground floor while upstairs there are three further good sized bedroom, one with en suite and family bathroom.
The gardens are extensive with views of it enjoyed from many of the ground floor rooms.
Just across the road is the stable yard complete with five stables, workshop, garage and the studio. The land runs directly from the yard and is in one field.
This is a very special country property in a lovely quiet area, yet it is just 5 miles from Newtownards, just over 6 miles to Bangor and 19 to the centre of Belfast
- Entrance hall:
- Ceramic tiled floor
- 2.13m x 2.26m (7' x 7' 5")
Ceramic tiled floor
- Living room:
- 8.23m x 4.42m (27' 0" x 14' 6")
Feature Inglenook painted brick fireplace with Gothic arches and exposed timber beam, cast iron multi fuel stove, quarry tiled hearth, exposed timber ceiling beam, space for dining table and deep reveals to windows with window seats.
- Sitting room:
- 4.57m x 3.66m (15' x 12')
Quarry tiled floor, Open fireplace with cast iron stove and timber mantle.
- 6.1m x 3.73m (20' 0" x 12' 3")
Hand painted kitchen in cream and pale blue with granite worktops, Belfast type sink, Rangemaster 6 ring cooker with 2 ovens and grill, granite splashback, extractor, central island unit with seating and granite top, ceramic tiled floor, bevelled wall tiles, plumbed for dishwasher, space for American style fridge freezer and steps up to Sun room
- Sun room/ Living area:
- 5.49m x 4.17m (18' 0" x 13' 8")
Ceramic tiled floor, cast iron stove in fireplace and sliding doors to decked area
- Utility room:
- 2.87m x 1.83m (9' 5" x 6' 0")
Ceramic tiled floor, plumbed for washing machine, range of high and low level units. W.C. with wash hand basin in vanity unit
- Master downstairs bedroom:
- 4.14m x 3.38m (13' 7" x 11' 1")
- Dressing room:
- 3.05m x 2.13m (10' x 7')
Built in wardrobes
- En-suite bathroom:
- 2.62m x 2.21m (8' 7" x 7' 3")
Corner bath with W.C., corner shower cubicle, wash hand basin in vanity unit and tiled walls
- Bedroom 2
- 5.13m x 3.78m (16' 10" x 12' 5")
Storage in eaves and velux window.
- Bedroom 3
- 3.48m x 3.35m (11' 5" x 11' 0")
Velux window and built in wardrobes with sliding mirror doors
- 2.62m x 2.01m (8' 7" x 6' 7")
Bath with shower attachment and shower screen. wash hand basin in vanity unit , W.C., tiled walls and Velux window
- 4.57m x 3.66m (15' x 12')
Velux and dormer windows.
- Shower cubicle, wash hand basin in vanity unit. W.C., tiled floor and part panelled walls
- Double entrance gates leading to parking area in pink pebbles, raised flower and shrub beds.
Pedestrian gate and pathway to front door, front lawn, flower and shrub beds with feature weeping ash tree.
Rear garden, paved and concrete area bordered by box hedging. decking with access from sun room with all day sun. Extensive lawn with range of native trees, including old ash tree.
Vegetable and herb garden with raised beds and polytunnel. .
- Double entrance gates to enclosed yard
- Five stables each approximately 16' x 9'
- 7.01m x 3.66m (23' x 12')
- Barn/ workshop:
- 13.72m x 4.57m (45' x 15')
- 4.27m x 3.96m (14' x 13')
- 8.23m x 4.5m (27' 0" x 14' 9")
L shaped, concrete floor and sink unit,
Mezzanine: Cloakroom with W.C. and wash hand basin
Tack room with sink unit and plumbed for washing machine
- Field of approximately 5 acres in pasture adjacent to yard
Need some more information?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.