Sign Up To Our Country Homefinder - We'll Help Find Your Perfect Home.
Ballycross House, 48 High Bangor Road
, BT21 0PB
||Ballycross House, 48 High Bangor Road, Donaghadee
- A beautiful country home on an elevated site with spectacular views of countryside, Copeland Islands and the Irish Sea to the coast of Scotland
- Mature gardens in lawns, shrub beds, brick paved areas and orchard with garage and two stables. Total site area around 1.5 acres
- Just 1.5 miles from the centre of the coastal town of Donaghadee 5 miles from Bangor and 18 miles from the centre of Belfast
- A quality home in excellent decorative order with well proportioned rooms and period features
- Georgian fanlight over front door, hardwood double glazed sash windows, antique fireplaces and panelled doors with brass handles and cornicing
- Reception hall, cloakroom, drawing room, sitting room and spacious country kitchen with living
- Four good sized bedrooms and bathroom on first floor with large central landing
- Views from all principal rooms over countryside to the Irish Sea beyond
- French doors from both kitchen and sitting room to paved area
- Oil fired central heating including Aga in kitchen
- Mature gardens in lawns, flower and shrub beds and orchard bordered by native and ornamental trees
- Extensive brick paved area to rear of house interspersed with flower and shrub beds
- Double garage and two stables with gravel area of raised vegetable beds
Ballycross House is a beautiful country home set on an elevated site with spectacular views of countryside, Copeland Islands and the Irish Sea towards Scotland. The house is well proportioned and has a quality finish with hardwood double glazed sash windows, period fireplaces, panelled doors with brass handles, cornices, limestone tiling and wooden floors. The mature gardens offer a mix of lawns with flower and shrub beds, an orchard and borders of native and ornamental trees, the site extending to a generous 1.5 acres.
The property is in excellent order both inside and out and it is clear that top quality materials and workmanship have been utilised in it's renovation from the original 1930's house.
This is a family house and local schools are easily accessible in Donaghadee, Newtownards, Bangor and indeed Belfast. Donaghadee is well known for its ever increasing number of local cafes, restaurants and bars and is becoming one of Northern Irelands most popular coastal towns.
- Reception hall
- 3.78m x 4.01m (12' 5" x 13' 2")
Six panel wooden front door with Georgian style fanlight and side panels, limestone tiled floor, cornicing and bi-folding doors to drawing room
- Drawing room
- 6.71m x 6.71m (22' x 22')
Solid pine flooring with steps down from hall, period slate fireplace with carved mahogany surround.
- Sitting room
- 4.11m x 6.55m (13' 6" x 21' 6")
Solid oak flooring, arched French doors, bay window to south east, period fireplace with cast iron grate and ornate slate surround
- Rear hall
- Limestone tiled floor, Cloakroom 7'8" x 4', with WC, wash hand basin and chrome towel rail radiator. Storage cupboard adjacent
- 3.66m x 9.14m (12' 0" x 30' 0")
Country kitchen in cream with low level cupboards and drawers with Belfast sink, dresser unit, with cupboards and integrated fridge and freezer, dishwasher, polished granite work surfaces, oil fired Aga built into alcove with two hotplates and ovens and mantlepiece over. Limestone tiled floor, space for large central kitchen table, sitting area with room for two large sofas, Glazed French doors and views over countryside to Irish Sea
- Rear porch
- With quarry tiled floor, coat hanging space and storage cupboard
- Central gallery landing
- 3.51m x 5.36m (11' 6" x 17' 7")
With hand rails and spindles and cornicing
- Bedroom 1
- 4.11m x 6.5m (13' 6" x 21' 4")
Triple aspect windows providing lots of light and wonderful views. Painted cast iron fireplace
- Bedroom 2
- 3.78m x 4.01m (12' 5" x 13' 2")
View to front toward Irish Sea. Cornicing
- Bedroom 3
- 3.23m x 3.91m (10' 7" x 12' 10")
View to front toward sea
- 2.18m x 3.1m (7' 2" x 10' 2")
Roll top bath with claw feet and side mounted taps, WC, pedestal wash hand basin, part panelled walls and built in corner cabinet. Oak laminate flooring
- Bedroom 4
- 3.1m x 3.73m (10' 2" x 12' 3")
Cornicing. Rural and sea views
- Front garden
- Hardwood entrance gates leading to tarmac avenue and parking area to rear of property. Brick paved path to front of house, leading to granite steps and front door. Two feature bay trees in front garden. Front garden in extensive lawn bordered by native and ornamental trees.
- Rear garden
- Brick paving at rear with flower and shrub beds with access from kitchen and sitting room through French doors. Lawn bordered by shrub beds, native and ornamental trees. Extensive Orchard with plum apple and pear trees.
- Stone outbuilding comprising, garage with roller shutter door, 18' x 17', leading to workshop 20' x 18' with partition which could be removed to create larger space. Light and power. Stable 1, 16'5 x 13'6, Stable 2 17' x 12'6. Gravelled area beside stables with raised vegetable beds and decorative brick edged pond. Steps leading to orchard.
Need some more information?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.