Sign Up To Our Country Homefinder - We'll Help Find Your Perfect Home.
Fort Hill Farm, 23 Ballywalter Road
, BT22 2RF
||Fort Hill Farm, 23 Ballywalter Road, Greyabbey
- For sale as a whole or in two separate lots, Lot 1 House, yard and 6 acres, Lot 2 approximately 18 acres of land
- Excellent smallholding with farmhouse, yard and around 24 acres of land on an elevated site with spectacular views in all directions
- The farmhouse is in need of complete refurbishment
- Views of the Irish sea towards Scotland in one direction and to Strangford Lough and the Mournes in the other
- Many original period features
- 2 reception rooms plus study
- Kitchen and utility room
- 4 Bedrooms and bathroom
- Lane from road sweeping in front of house and leading to yard
- Yard mainly of stone construction with brick surrounds to windows and doors
- Outhouses extending to around 5000 sq ft (464 sq m) over two floors
- Main outhouse divided for stock and would make ideal indoor stables with access to rear yard
- Various workshops, garage and lofts
- 5 bay corrugated iron shed (in poor repair)
- Agricultural land of around 24 acres divided into 6 fields and currently in grass
A beautiful small holding comprising farmhouse, extensive yard and around 24 acres of pasture on an elevated site with spectacular views over countryside to the Irish Sea with the coast of Scotland being visible on a clear day. In the other direction views are over the Ards Peninsula towards Strangford Lough with the Mournes in the background.
With the house and yard it is all about potential as the farmhouse is in need of complete renovation. However, it is a handsome property with well proportioned rooms that will make a very comfortable family home. The yard appears to be in reasonable structural order and would be suitable for a number of uses including horses, other livestock or storage areas for hobbies or running a business from home. The beauty of the yard is that animals can access it from the rear yard meaning the courtyard adjacent to the house will be easier to maintain. The land, divided into 6 fields is directly accessed from the yard is presently in pasture but would be suitable for growing cereals or cutting.
Fort Hill Farm should have broad appeal to either those with a horsey background or those wanting to enjoy the benefits of being a smallholder
- Entrance porch:
- Original panelled door with leaded light panels to each side with stained glass lead detail
- Entrance hall:
- Plaster coving
- Living room
- 4.65m x 4.42m (15' 3" x 14' 6")
Timber panelling to windows, tiled fireplace with mahogany surround, cornice and picture rail
- Dining room:
- 4.65m x 4.29m (15' 3" x 14' 1")
Tiled fireplace, cornice and picture rail
- 4.32m x 2.03m (14' 2" x 6' 8")
Wash hand basin & W.C.
- 4.57m x 4.27m (15' 0" x 14' 0")
Oil fired Rayburn stove
- Utility room:
- 4.52m x 3m (14' 10" x 9' 10")
- 4.42m x 2.06m (14' 6" x 6' 9")
- Central landing:
- Stained glass window to front
- Bedroom 1:
- 4.39m x 3.96m (14' 5" x 13')
Cast iron fireplace with tiled inset and oak surround, paneling to windows and picture rail
- Bedroom 2:
- 4.42m x 3.4m (14' 6" x 11' 2")
Duel aspect windows
- Bedroom 3:
- 4.45m x 3.51m (14' 7" x 11' 6")
- Bedroom 4:
- 4.32m x 3m (14' 2" x 9' 10")
- 2.69m x 2.01m (8' 10" x 6' 7")
- Separate W.C.:
- Property approached by lane from road which sweeps around front of house to the yard. There are gardens to the front and both sides in lawns and shrub beds
- The yard is mainly of stone construction with window and door openings in red brick. The main outhouse is divided for housing stock and it has direct access to the rear yard. There is a garage, workshop and machinery shed and various other loose boxes. There is access from an external staircase to the extensive loft. There is ample parking for machinery and a 5 bay corrugated iron shed which is in poor repair.
- The land, currently in grass is well fenced and divided into six fields. There is direct access from the yard
Need some more information?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.